The Friends is a nonprofit organization formed to support, promote and aid the library. Membership is open to anyone. A core group of hard working members are looking for additional help! Membership dues, fund raising efforts, and gifts to the Friends are used to purchase materials and present programs beyond the Library’s regular operating budget.
A regular mini-sale is held through out the year. The Friends also sell Mansfield afghans and book bags. See display models in the library. The Friends are now accepting donations for their book sales! Books, CDs, and DVDs that are in excellent are accepted! Please call the library before bringing in your donations.
The Friends provide
- Museum Passes
- Valueline Stock Listings
- Magazine Subscriptions
- Summer Reading Program
- Adult and Youth Programming
Recent gifts of the Friends
- Matthew Graham, Magician, May 2013
- Farm Visits, live animal program, Summer 2013
- Steve Rudolph, Magician, Summer 2013
- The Parent Backpack, Fall 2013
- Creature Teachers, April 2014
- Funding for supplies and snacks for all our crafts and activities throughout the year for children and teens
- Funding for Violet the Library Dwarf Hamster
How to become a Friend
Pick up a membership form at the library and send to:
Mansfield Public Library
255 Hope Street
Mansfield, MA 02048
Levels of membership:
Book Bags may be purchased at the front desk. These sturdy canvas bags with zipper in natural with royal handles and zipper feature a picture of your library.
All proceeds benefit the library. They are useful, and make great gifts too.