March 17, 2020
TEMPORARY CLOSURE continues
Until We Reopen, please note:
- All Items on Hold have been extended through April 15th
- All materials currently checked out are now due April 15th
- Please do not return any materials in the book drop until further notice
E-books, audiobooks, streaming video, and digital resource available 24/7 online.
Click here for more information
March 13, 2020
Library temporarily closed beginning March 14
March 12, 2020
The Mansfield Public Library is committed to
keeping the community healthy and safe!
All library meetings, events, and programs conducted by both the library and outside groups, are hereby cancelled through April 11 at which time the decision will be re-evaluated.
We encourage our patrons to utilize our 24/7 services such as ebooks and audiobooks. Please scroll to the bottom of this message for further information.
We will continue to monitor updates along with the Department of Public Health and remain committed to keeping our community informed and healthy, while maintaining a safe space for all.
Advice and Guidance from the CDC
There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Get a flu shot if you haven’t already. It’s not effective against the coronavirus but the fewer people that come down with the flu and come into clinics with nonspecific symptoms such as fever and cough, which overlap with symptoms of COVID-19 makes it easier to identify coronavirus.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Additional Links and Resources
For more information on the Town of Mansfield’s response to CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) , see:
General Information on COVID-19
We need your help to stay healthy and safe!
- When visiting the Mansfield Public Library, please use the hand sanitizer available outside the library doors, at the Circulation desk and throughout the library.
- Please remember to wash your hands!
- 20 seconds minimum is the rule. Soap up well and rinse well. Keeping your hands clean means helping to keep library spaces and materials clean and safe for all to use.
PLEASE BE AWARE: If you have library materials and are not feeling well, please give us a call, we are happy to extend your due dates when possible!
DON’T FORGET: Materials will auto-renew on your account whenever eligible.